sábado, 5 de marzo de 2011

Tegucigalpa


Tegucigalpa
That beautiful land where I was born
Where early in sweet chirping
The birds… all in chorus
Say hello to God who I Love,
Where the sun shines every morning
Rivers and mountains bathed,
Its narrow streets and nice houses
Its green fields and white cottages.


And they tell me you lack from security I believe them, for I
Have seen every tear that runs from a mother face, because their child was kidnapped,
And they tell me you are full of corruption and I reply, yes
For I have seen every thief steal and steals again, a killer kill
And kill again,
And they tell me you have drug dealers and I answered yes, for I
Have seen every accident caused by drugs.
And having answered so I turn once more to those who
Sneer at this my city, and I give them back the sneer
And say to them:
Come show me another city with pine forest and waterfalls
Beautiful parks and high mountains,
Where their children noble and good
Work hard, the whole day
So that way their children and grandchildren inherit
Their hopes, their faith… their desire.

How could I in these verses
Tell you everything that I feel
I`m your daughter and proud for being who I`m
Tegucigalpa my love.
Cradle of nobles and gentlemen,
God bless you and give you gifts. 

Work Cited:
"Chicago" poem by Carl Sandberg 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario